What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18Pdr makers marks ????

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,
I have noticed browsing through the Wanted forum that in recent months there has been the odd request for an 18 Pdr case for a members nicely renovated projectile.
I've had such a case gathering dust for many years,and before I pass it on to one of these fine fellows,I'd like to find out a little bit about it.
The makers? marks do not appear anywhere in my lengthy list of British markings (made elsewhere???)
These are two Cs one inside the other containing an S,and ORW,
there's a little bit of a scratch on the O which might make it Q .

Any thoughts ??? Chris.

Picture !

Always a good thing to include a photograph if possible Chris as this will make identification so much easier.

Yes indeed!!! I wish!!! I could easily point a camera at something,but getting the computer to do the necessary with the images is something else,I fear.I have so far bought two books on PC operation,then an IT dictionary as I didn't understand the terminology in the first two!!!
I'll get there in the end hopefully,but I'm starting to think I'm losing the plot altogether.The only thing I find mildly reassuring is that I still know what day of the week it is!!! (It is Sunday,isn't it???)

Yes indeed!!! I wish!!! I could easily point a camera at something,but getting the computer to do the necessary with the images is something else,I fear.I have so far bought two books on PC operation,then an IT dictionary as I didn't understand the terminology in the first two!!!
I'll get there in the end hopefully,but I'm starting to think I'm losing the plot altogether.The only thing I find mildly reassuring is that I still know what day of the week it is!!! (It is Sunday,isn't it???)

Chris just take your time and chill as we have all (or mostly perhaps) been there, I myself instantly became fully qualified in blowing up computers within minutes of being given a "works computer", worse than that I then got a digital camera-and I thought the Laptop was difficult !
Persevere and you will get there mate-after all you mastered PM's !
Best of luck.