What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17-pdr APCBC-T Dimensions?

wingsofwrath

Since I finally managed to pick up a 17-pdr cartridge case (straightforward to do in the UK, slightly more difficult at the other end of the continent) I was thinking of 3D printing myself a projectile to go with it.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a proper blueprint with dimensions and the search function on BOCN doesn't turn up anything either.
Does anybody here know where I can find one and/or is willing to measure an actual projectile from their collection?
Thanks!

Here is my case - made in 1950 at the Forges de Zeebrugge in Herstal, Belgium and subsequently used for drill - primer replaced by wooden plug and painted red and traces of red paint on the case itself. Interesting to note the case doesn't have any crimping marks - not sure if it was an APDS case or they used it for drill from the onset.

Posed next to an inflatable 17-pdr I picked up for a laugh at the Tank Museum in Bovington:

Wa 17pdr_1_1500.jpg Wa 17pdr_2_1500.jpg